RETIREMENT BENEFITS AUTHORITY
Retirement Benefits Authority (RBA) is a public sector organization established by the Retirement Benefits Act, Cap 19 Laws of Kenya, tasked with the role of regulating retirement benefits schemes in Kenya. The Authority is seeking an expression of interest for Professional Interim Administration Services pursuant to the provisions of Section 45 of the Retirement Benefits Act.
• Trace, preserve and secure all assets and property of the scheme;
• Recover all debts and sums of money due to and owing to the scheme;
• Determine the adequacy of the capital and reserves of the scheme and evaluate the solvency and liquidity of the scheme;
• Exercise all the powers and assume the management, control and conduct of the affairs and business of the trustees, the manager, the custodian or the scheme administrator;
• Obtain from any former trustee, manager or administrator of the scheme or any officer, employee or agent
• Thereof, any documents, records, accounts, statements, correspondence or information relating to the scheme
• Assess the scheme's compliance with the provisions of the Retirement Benefits Act and Regulations.
The Authority wishes to establish a database of pre-qualified firms who are willing to offer professional Interim Administration services. The pre-qualified firms will be invited to bid for the professional/technical services when the need arises. The firms interested in submitting Expressions of Interest to offer professional services to the Authority shall meet the following minimum qualifications and requirements ;
• The firm must be registered in Kenya(provide evidence)
• Holds a valid certificate of registration from a professional or regulatory body as the case maybe;(attach copy)
• The firm must possess at least 7 years experience in matters relating to insurance, law, accounting, actuarial science, economics, banking, finance, administration of schemes, or investment of scheme funds.
• Provide evidence of having undertaken at least 2 similar assignments in the most recent 5 years (attach commendation letters in each case)
• Description of management/ organization structure, detailing list of key staff relevant to the assignment and their Curriculum Vitae inclusive of staff who will directly be involved on the assignment. The minimum academic qualification for the Key staff is a relevant degree of specialization;
• Provide valid tax compliance certificate
• Attach copies of Audited financial statements for the most recent Three (3) Years
• Information regarding any current litigation involving the firm certified by a reputable law firm.
• Firms that wish to participate as joint ventures must submit joint venture agreement stating the lead and the roles of all the parties
Additional information and clarifications may be obtained from:
Manager, Procurement and Supply Chain Telephone + 254 20 2809000/ 0722509939
Expressions of interest shall be submitted in one original and two copies to the address below not later than 1000 hrs on January 24, 2017 clearly marked "Expression of Interest For Provision of Professional Interim Administration Services”
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
RETIREMENT BENEFITS AUTHORITY
RAHIMTULLA TOWERS, 13th FLOOR
P.O. BOX 57733 - 00200
The EOI application will be opened at 1030hrs on the same day in the presence of bidders' representatives who choose to attend.